20 Corporate Woods Blvd, Albany, NY 12211
Traumatic Brain Injury
Our brains are responsible for every function in our body. It regulates our breathing, tell us when we’re sleepy, help us recall names and faces, and stores our happiest memories. It’s easy to take the functions of the brain for granted until they are no longer working correctly. Victims of brain injuries can suffer from a variety of symptoms and difficulties, including impairments related to:
- Physical. Brain injury victims may have difficulty walking, swallowing their food, or may lose control over some of their body movement or sensations.
- Emotional. Some brain injuries result in emotional issues such as depression, anxiety, and even suicidal ideation.
- Cognitive. Brain injuries can result in a loss of the ability to do simple arithmetic, being able to tell time, recall and/or make new memories..
- Social. Some brain injuries affect the patient’s social intelligence and skills, affecting their ability to maintain conversations, deal with stress or loss, or pick up on social cues, leading them to act inappropriately in public.
- Communications. Brain injuries can cause communication skills to disappear, including the ability to speak or accurately express feelings.
These are just some of the difficulties that people can experience after a brain injury. The repercussions are long lasting and life-altering. They can be devastating to the patient as well as to their friends and family. And when the damage was because of someone else’s negligence, it makes it that much worse.
Was Your Brain Injury Caused by Someone’s Negligent Behaviors?
Brain injuries are most often caused by a severe blow to the head. The most common causes of the blow are:
- Motor vehicle accidents
- Slip and fall accidents
- Construction Fall Accidents
- Battery and violence
If you or a loved one have suffered from a brain injury, you know the long-term effects that it can have on a life. The effects aren’t just physical, either. You may no longer be able to work, or you could require extensive physical and occupational therapy to help you overcome the symptoms you are experiencing. Chances are you have mounting medical bills and are missing work. Don’t travel the road to recovery alone – you deserve to be compensated for your injuries as well as your pain and suffering, and we can help.
Get a Free Consultation with Our Team
If you’ve suffered from a brain injury and believe it is due to someone else’s negligent behaviors, contact the law offices of Girvin & Ferlazzo today. We want to help. Our experienced trial attorneys can help you seek the fair compensation that you deserve for your injuries. We’ll fight for you while you concentrate on putting your life back together. Give us a call or contact our team to get started with your case today.